As a result of the skin around your eyes being thinner and more delicate than the rest of your face, you’ll frequently notice aging symptoms here first. Have you wondered how to apply eye cream?
When using eye cream, use gentleness. Apply a pea-sized amount with your finger and tap it on your skin. Avoid using too much product because if it gets in your eyes, it might irritate you.
It’s not as simple as it might seem to know how to use eye cream. All the information you need about using eye cream is provided in the following paragraphs.
How to Apply Your Eye Cream?
Here is a step-by-step guide to applying eye cream.
Step 1: Apply a Pea-sized Amount on Your Ring Finger.
An amount the size of a pea is all you need for both eyes because eye creams are so concentrated.
Use your ring finger on that delicate area because it has the lightest touch by nature. The skin shouldn’t be subjected to excessive pressure.
Step 2: Apply Small Dots from the Inner Corner Underneath Your Eye to Your Brow Bone.
Starting at the inner corner of your eye, apply a few tiny dots in a semicircle up to your brow bone.
Tap lightly in a semicircle pattern to encourage blood flow until the product is completely absorbed. During this process, take care not to stretch or pull the skin.
To prevent irritation, keep in mind: Don’t get too close to your eye. Avoid applying to or close to your eyelids unless the product label specifically instructs you to.
Step 3: Wait before Applying Concealer.
Allow your eye cream to absorb completely by waiting about 90 seconds before using concealer or other skin care products.
When and How Often Should You Apply Eye Cream?
Eye cream can be applied at various times of the day. But for various occasions, you’ll require a different eye cream.
You can apply eye cream:
- In the morning. It will feel more comfortable under your makeup if you use a lightweight formula. For a product that will lessen the likelihood of wrinkles, look for SPF.
- In the evening. When you apply eye cream in the evening, the ingredients can penetrate your skin overnight. Select a richer cream that contains hydrating ingredients but no SPF.
- In the morning and evening. Use eye cream both times to get all of the aforementioned advantages. When purchasing products, keep in mind that you’ll require two distinct formulas.
Your preferences and objectives will determine the ideal time. You should only use eye cream once every 12 hours, however, regardless of the time.
The same product can be used throughout the day and night without needing to be reapplied.
What Not to Do When Applying Eye Cream
Although eye cream has many benefits, there are also a few don’ts when it comes to how to apply eye cream:
- Apply your moisturizer after using the eye cream.
As we already mentioned, specific treatments must always follow the moisturizing for the face step.
- Avoid getting the eye cream too close to your eye.
It can easily get into your eye and irritate it, so avoid putting it on your eyelashes or eyelids.
- Do not yank on your skin.
Your skin can stretch if you rub it too vigorously rather than dabbing, tapping, or massaging it. That stretch might irritate or damage the skin because the eye area is so delicate.
- Never forget that less is more.
Applying more than a pea-sized amount can easily have the opposite effect and can also cause irritation.
Related Reading: Is Eye Cream Necessary?
Other Skin Care Tips for Your Eyes
In addition to properly applying eye cream, follow these tips for eye skin care:
- Massage the area. Improve circulation and reduce puffiness by gently massaging the skin around your eyes.
- Eye makeup removal. Wearing eye makeup before bed should be avoided. Makeup removal for the eyes should be done with a gentle product that is safe to use.
- Wear sunglasses. Put on sunglasses that block ultraviolet A and ultraviolet B (UVA and UVB) light. As a result, the likelihood of skin cancer and eye wrinkles will decrease nearby.
- Wear a hat. Wear a hat to further shield your eyelids and eyes. At least 3 inches should be present on the brim.
Takeaway: How to Apply Eye Cream
For best results, use your eye cream morning and night. For better concealer appearance, some people prefer to use it in the daytime, while others prefer to use it at night.
Your eye cream should be applied after cleansing and toning, but before your moisturizer or night cream. This is how this step should be done in your routine.
Read More: Does Eye Cream Help With Dark Circles?
FAQs About How to Use Eye Cream
When to Apply Eye Cream before Or After Serum?
After massaging the serum into the skin, apply the eye cream.
Why Can’t You Put Eye Cream on Eyelids?
You run the risk of getting eye cream into your eyes if you apply it too closely to your eyelids or close to your lash line. This can burn, make your eyes puffy, and irritate you.
Do You Put Eye Cream on before Or After Moisturizer?
If your eye cream is heavier and more luxurious than your moisturizer, apply it last.