If you are a piercing lover, it’s important for you to know how to clean Ashley piercing for lip safety.
Your piercing will heal more quickly and have a lower chance of contracting an infection if you keep it free of food scraps.
Continue reading for more cleaning tips for Ashley Piercing!
What is An Ashley Piercing?
A piercing through the center of the lower lip is known as an Ashley piercing.
It is a common option for people who want a piercing under their bottom lip but don’t want any sort of visible outline.
Read More: How Much is An Ashley Piercing?
Healing and Aftercare
Since they perforate more skin, vertical labret piercings typically require longer healing times. To speed up the healing process, it’s essential to maintain the recommended aftercare. The following guidelines will get you started on taking care of your new ashley piercing:
- Keep your mouth clean, and keep things like phones or makeup brushes away from your piercing.
- Apply lip products with caution to prevent them from getting near your piercing.
- During this time, refrain from speaking to anyone verbally.
- If you experience pain, bleeding, or swelling, get in touch with your piercer as well as a doctor right away.
- Follow the instructions below to clean your Ashley piercing twice daily.
Related Post: How Long Does An Ashley Piercing Take to Heal?
How to Clean Ashley Piercing?
It’s crucial to use the right aftercare methods to prevent problems and infections. When you have an ashley piercing, you must clean your mouth on the inside and the outside. Follow the steps below to ensure your piercing always stays clean:
1. Always wash your hands thoroughly before touching or cleaning your piercing.
2. To clean the outside of your mouth, buy or make your own saline solution. Warm 8 ounces of water and dissolve 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt in it. For a few minutes, place a clean pad or towel with some saline solution on it on your body piercing. By doing so, you can soothe your piercing and remove any debris. Clean your jewelry, then gently wipe away any dust. To make sure your piercing is kept clean on a regular basis, repeat this routine once in the morning and once at night.
3. To clean the inside, rinse your mouth twice per day with non-alcoholic mouthwash. To prevent contamination, make sure to rinse your mouth with mouthwash after eating or drinking.
Conclusion on How to Clean Ashley Piercing
Making sure you clean your piercing with saltwater twice a day and taking care of your piercing after you have eaten will help prevent an Infection from Ashley’s piercing. Because they are partially inside the mouth, lip piercings are more likely to become infected.
Make sure to see your doctor if you suspect a piercing infection because you might require antibiotics.
What Can You Not Do With An Ashley Piercing?
Throughout healing, you should avoid acidic or spicy foods.
Should I Clean the Crust Off My Lip Piercing?
Crusting is common after getting a body piercing; this could be your body’s attempt to heal itself. While perfectly normal, these crusties should be cleaned carefully and thoroughly whenever you notice them.