Due to their strappy design, gladiator sandals can make any outfit pop! If you are looking for how to tie gladiator sandals, you have come to the right place.
Tie those laces around your ankle at its slimmest point, just below your calf muscle, to secure them in place.
The strappy look has returned to the runway. Here is how you should be tying your gladiator sandals so they actually stay up on your legs.
How to Tie Gladiator Sandals?
So how to keep gladiator sandals up, here are two methods to tie gladiator sandals.
Methods 1: Wrapping the Tie Around Your Ankle
- Take one tie in each of your hands. The ends of the ties should be at the back of your ankle once you’ve put on your sandal. In your left hand, take the left tie, and in your right, the right tie.
- Your ankle’s front is covered by the ties. In contrast to the left tie, the right tie will go around your ankle in a counterclockwise direction. To return to the back, cross the ties in front of your ankle.Continue wrapping the ties back-to-front and front-to-back. Cross each tie in the front and back while wrapping it in the same direction you started. Describe the wraps you’ve already created. Till you have just enough material left to tie a tiny knot or bow, keep wrapping it around your ankle repeatedly.
- In the front or back, tie off the straps. It is entirely up to you whether you want to tie them in the front or the back, though the front will probably be simpler. Just secure the strap over the wraps you’ve already created around your ankle with a square knot or small bow.
Also Read: How Should Sandals Fit?
Methods 2: Crossing the Tie Up Your Leg
- Take a tie in every hand. There should be ties on either side of the shoe at the back when you put on your sandal. When you’re wrapping the tie up your leg, it’s more crucial that the ties are the same length.
- Your leg’s front should be covered by the ties once. Wrap the left tie in a clockwise direction and the right tie counterclockwise. In front of your leg, cross them over. At about 1/3 to 2/3 of the way up the front of your leg, the crossing point should be.
- Behind your leg, just below the knee, cross the ties. You must tie the ends of this wrap at the top of your calf, where it becomes narrower toward your knee, for it to stay in place. Pull the ties back around to the front after wrapping them around the back and crossing them over one another.
- Tie the ties in the front. As you bring the ties around to the front, keep them moving in the same direction that you started wrapping them. To hold the straps around your leg in place, tie a square knot or a tiny bow in the front.
How to Wear Gladiator Sandals in 2023?
There are several styles of gladiator sandals from which to choose. See how celebrities and street style icons are wearing the trend below.
With All of the Metallics
In general, evening and summer celebrations were the intended wear for high heel gladiator sandals. They instantly dress up any outfit; think of them as an elevated, slightly more complex version of the strappy sandal.
Read More: Are Sandals Business Casual?
With Elegant Neutrals
Espadrilles are understated by nature; team them up with muted hues for a look that is both trendy and classic.
Related Post: Are Gladiator Sandals Still in Style 2023?
As a Laid-Back Espadrille
During the Paris, Milan, and London fashion weeks, we became aware of the hybrid gladiator-espadrille sandal. Replace your worn-out flip flops with these and you’ll look ten times more put together; we totally see this shoe becoming the summer’s must-have shoe.
Laced All the Way Up
No one said it would be simple to wear gladiators all the time. To keep the attention on the shoes, wear them with a simple black dress and few accessories. Although this pair is difficult to put on, the wow factor makes it worthwhile.
Dress Down a Blazer
If you purchase just one pair of gladiator sandals this year, make it the classic, strappy style. Simple gladiator sandals are almost certain to remain fashionable despite being less trendy than some of the other looks on this list.
They complement practically everything, including this business casual outfit, which is an added bonus.
You Might Also Like: How to Wear Platform Sandals?
Conclusion: How to Tie Gladiator Sandals
That’s all about our guide on how to tie and wear gladiator sandals.
In the past few months alone, gladiators have been seen on runways and red carpets everywhere from basic lace-up styles to embellished high-heeled versions.
FAQs about How to Tie Gladiator Sandals
Are Gladiator Sandals Still in Style 2023?
Yes, gladiator sandals are in style in 2023.
How to Keep Lace Up Shoes from Falling?
Leg and knee should be bent at a 90° angle when putting on the heels and tying the laces. To keep the knot in place all day, liberally spray it with hairspray.
How Do You Keep Gladiator Ties in Place?
Tie the laces around the slimmest part of your ankle, just below your calf muscle, to secure them in place.
How Do You Tie Wraparound Sandals?
Simply wrapping them around your ankle and knotting them in the back or front is the simplest way to tie them.